On 07/22/2015 03:47 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
There are several different issues. Synchronization can be
line-by-line, paragraph-by-paragraph, sectionblock-by-sectionblock...
or, as is the case with the posting of this thread, part-by-part (i.e.
halves). The different "products" in multiple languages might only be
"synchronized" by structure, not by rendering at all.

Yes, and for good measure, add a couple of footnotes, floats, margin
inserts, and let the fun begin. I think we'd need a couple of duplicates
of Hans to take care of all this...

if i get good specs and the demands accept constraints and someone else write the documentation ... we also need to keep in mind that todays needs can be different from tomorrows (and your use of tex / xml is already a proof of this, paper solutions replaced by combinations of typesetting and interaction and ...)