Hi all,

inspired by [1] I want to setup modular environment files and include
them on demand with the option --environment.

I think that I will have separate files for general settings, for fonts
and for different papersizes, so that I can typeset with different
settings on-the-fly.

Is there an order in which definitions must be made, for eg. fonts
first, pagelayouts second etc...?

Do you have any recommendations how I should structure the environments?

I am going to compile XML files, so I will also have an environment file
which defines the XML-TeX mapping.

Ciao
juh

[1] http://pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-1101.pdf