On 2015-08-25 03:41, Andreas Becker wrote:
ConTeXt version: 2015.08.21 19:57

In the PDF output of the following code, the first text line on the second page
only
spans half the textwidth. However, below the figure, the text should span the
whole width.

\starttext
\placefigure[right][]{caption}
{
\externalfigure[nop][width=0.5\textwidth,height=19cm]
}
\input lorem
\input lorem
\input lorem
\stoptext

Andreas,

This is a long-recognized issue that appears to have no resolution. It was previously raised by Gerhard Kugler in March 2007 (figure occupies space into next page <http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg21273.html>) and by me in March 2014 (Caption whitespace overflows page <http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg73904.html>) and possibly by others I did not come across.

The only resolution I have found is to reduce the size of the figure enough to prevent the reserved space from intruding on the text area of the next page.

--
Rik Kabel