Carlos, I’m afraid I don’t get what your actual problem is.

Could you describe it with a single sentence? I mean the problem itself,
not your actions to fix it.

Excuse me, but I’m not sure whether you have an issue with the fonts,
with the cache, with TeX Live or wit the Ubuntu packages.

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk