On 1/4/2016 1:00 AM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
I see your point, Hans. For what it's worth, that's the default for
mixed Persian/English documents unless one uses a system that cannot do
it. For instance, FarsiTeX and XePersian provide that as default behavior.

That said, I'm not asking for this to be the default. I only want to
know how it can be achieved. The code will be put in my style file or
module.

i'll add rule=paragraph (i.e. listen to the first following paragraph if possible) ... you need to document it as for sure i forget about it

Is it possible to determine the direction of the first line of footnote
block while typesetting the footnote rule? I imagine it should not be
difficult in Lua. Note that this may be the leftover from a long
footnote that started on some previous page.

--MHB

On Jan 3, 2016 5:26 PM, "Hans Hagen" <pra...@wxs.nl