On 1/25/2016 9:55 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:11:06 +0100
Saša Janiška <g...@atmarama.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have just checked that my first post to this list was more than
10yrs ago (end of 2002). Then I was working on some full-sized books
and ended up with LyX/LaTex. Later, had few attempts to switch to
ConTeXt, but as a result I reduced even my LyX/LaTeX usage and was
using light markups like rst/AsciiDoc for my writing needs without
higher-quality typesetting.

Yesterday I had to help my wife to put together some medicine-related
presentation for the meeting at her working place and used LyX/LaTeX
with Beamer class.

Considering that there might be need to do such thing more often in
the future as well as possibility that I might have to produce lot of
presentations for my public lectures/workshops based on philosophy
(iow. no need of math), I am again in the position to consider
ConTeXt, but this time mostly for presentations.

I'm (well) aware of ConTeXt's advantage in the sense of being complete
package without clashing of different packages which usually happens
in LaTeX world, I wonder if someone can give some piece of advice to
learn and/or switch ConTeXt for preparing presentations instead of
learning lot of LaTeX packages?

How does ConTeXt compare for the purpose vs LaTeX/Beamer?

I'm on Linux (running Debian Sid) and use Vim as my primary editor so
wonder if ConTeXt users recommend to e.g. prepare drafts of their
documents like rst/AsciiDoc/markdown and then convert them into
ConTeXt with tool(s) like Pandoc?

Beamer presentations look like ... beamer presentations.

For something simple using ConTeXt, you might want to look at the
simpleslides module. That could be a starting point.

The "Considering that there might be need to do such thing more often in the future as well as possibility that I might have to produce lot of presentations for my public lectures/workshops based on philosophy" is an argument for using context as it permits you to (stepwise) develop your own style. In the s-pre-* modules you can find examples (many of them you can just process to get an idea as they contain examples) ... what style or coding you use depends on what / the way you present.