On 2/23/2016 12:48 AM, Jeong Dal wrote:
Dear Hans,

Is there any simpler way to achieve this?

how is that supposed to work with multi-line items ?

I am sorry, I should explain more carefully.

This type of itemization usually needed to list the short answers of the
multiple-choice questions.
Some problems are not well-composed, but you can see an example at the
end of the following page.

http://dugod1.tistory.com/archive/20120826
http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeView.do?blogid=0dl2J&articleno=153

the next beta will support this (but only for simple items that fit in the available space)

\starttext

\startitemize[horizontal,a,three]
\startitem first \stopitem \startitem second \stopitem
\startitem third \stopitem \startitem fourth \stopitem
\startitem fifth \stopitem
\stopitemize

\startitemize[horizontal,n,four]
\startitem first \stopitem \startitem second \stopitem
\startitem third \stopitem \startitem fourth \stopitem
\startitem fifth \stopitem \startitem sixth \stopitem
\startitem seventh \stopitem
\stopitemize