I’ve been have been having a couple of problems with swapping pages and so I
went back to the example in Context Garden using the latest beta

\definepapersize[main] [A4]
\definepapersize[extra][A4,landscape]

\setuppapersize[main]
\starttext
Page 1. Portrait \page
Page 2. Portrait \page
\adaptpapersize[extra]
Page 3. Landscape \page
Page 4. Portrait \page
\stoptext

The main problem I have is that \adaptpapersize is working as though I had
entered \setuppapersize. Page 3 was created as landscape and but it didn’t
revert to main to give page 4 as portrait.

The secondary issue is that the landscape page is not as expected in that it is
a square page. Inserting a \showsetups and \showframe into page 3 I can see
that it is layed out Ok but on a large piece of paper. \printpaperwidth and
\printpaperheight are both set to 29.7cm.

Aidan