On 4/19/2016 10:32 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
I need to convert some old dvi files into pdf.
One of the routes seems dvi --(dvips) ->- ps --> pdf
But dvips (taken from the ConTeXt-beta distribution) complains "Couldn't find header
file: tex.pro"

Where can I find it? It doesn't seem present in the above mentioned
distribution.
Or is there a ConTeXt mtxrun-call or such, that can do it directly?

looks like it needs some prologue file (a blob of ps code), maybe you can find it on ctan ... it might depend on how the dvi was made (maybe the pro file is loaded via a special)

it makes not much sense to add very old dvps stuff to the distribution