Very weird. I haven't the faintest idea why this pdf is not searchable and
similar ones in the same folder do.
Checked the permissions but they are the same.
However, I have another document that cannot be searched, the context reference
manual from 2013 and there seems to be a difference between these two and the
others.
Those I cannot search have in their properties as PDF producer "Mac OSX
(version) Quartz PDFContext" (older pdf versions 1.3 and 1.4), the others have
Luatex as producer (pdf version 1.7).
Therefore, I strongly suspect that the Quartz producer is the culprit, weird as
it may be.
Is it possible to produce the command reference with Luatex as producer
excluding the Mac Quartz producer?
It is the only difference I am aware of that matches the behaviour.

> On 19 May 2016, at 19:08, Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr> wrote:
>
> I can search this document using any and all pdf tools to which I have
> access on my system.
>
> Alan
>
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 16:49:31 +0000
> "Meer, Hans van der" <h.vanderm...@uva.nl> wrote:
>
>> Checked again also on a MacBook, definitely not searchable here.
>> I am running El Capitan, and the command reference version is the one
>> from May 17, 2016, found in one of the latest contextbeta
>> distributions.

>>> Searches work for me in Preview.

Hans van der Meer