On 5/24/2016 5:57 PM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:

Dear list,

I am currently testing and experimenting such things as a brand new
installation (Context Process 0.63 2016.05.22 15:18) on a Windows x64 computer.
I have made a new installation of ConTeXt Standalone (with TeXWorks),
downloading the *.zip file, etc.

1) Download the context-mswin.zip in C:\[...]\Documents;
2) mkdir 'context' => cd 'context'
3) Unzip it and launch context-setup.bat in the new C:\[...]Documents\context
4) Then, go to \context\tex and launch 'setuptex';
5) Then again, cd \context\tex\texmf-win64\bin and do : 'context --generate',
and 'context --make'.

As a result, the compilation after context --generate is 0,988 s. (and much
more than 1 sec with 'context --make' command, which needs usually more than 30
sec. to compile) and after context --make I obtain a \dumpdump message with
this cryptic sentence (in French) : 'luatex' is not recognized as an internal
or external command, an executable program or a command file.

And when I try to do this :
\ starttext
\startsection[title={Testing ConTeXt}]
This is my {\em first} ConTeXt document.
\stopsection
\stoptext

Here is the result : mtx-context | fatal error: no return code, message:
luatex: No such file or directory

I have missed something ... but what is it ?

is there a texmf-win64 directory someplace?

btw, 30 sec for making a format sounds a lot to me (normally it takes me around 4.5 sec for one format including generating the file database, a few year old laptop but with an ssd) ... or is your console slow (if you run a lot from the console it makes sense to use 'conemu' as consoles - on any os - take some runtime due to the way tex flushes)