Hans,

sorry for insisting in this issue. I may be missing consecuences or
requirements that make impossible its implementation.

I see two inconsistencies in the following output:

  \def\BookTitle{{\itd A \ConTeXt\ Book}}
  \def\BookAuthor{{\sc The Author}}
  \setupinteraction[state=start, title=\BookTitle, author=\BookAuthor]
  \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
  \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]

  \starttext
  \chapter{\BookTitle}

  \section{\BookAuthor}

  \subsection{\ConTeXt\ is \TeX, but not \LaTeX}
  \stoptext

Would it be possible that PDF info fields can have their contents
prerolled as it happens with bookmarks?

In the bookmarks, \ConTeXt\ is rendered as ConTEXT. Since “The
TeXbook” only mentions \TeX and no \TEX, would it be possible to
preroll \TeX, \ConTeXt and \LaTeX as TeX, ConTeXt and LaTeX?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk