On 1 Aug 2016, at 12:00 , Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>

>>> no example so no solution
>>>
>>> Hans
>>

>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Here is an example:
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> \mainlanguage[en]
>> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>> \setmainfont[Verdana]
>> \setupbodyfont[10pt]
>> \contextversion
>> \showgrid
>>
>> \starttext
>> \input knuth
>> \medskip
>> \input tufte
>> \stoptext
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> With mkiv version 2015.10.09 21:28 there are no hyphenation errors.
>> With mkiv version 2016.07.18 16:46 the following errors occur: wo-uld (line
>> 6), synth-esize (line 13), enum-erate (line 18)
>> I mentioned some more errors in my original mail, see above.
>
> I get
>
> Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer of a new system must
> not only be
> the implementer and first large--scale user; the designer should also
> write the first
> user manual.
> The separation of any of these four components would have hurt T E X
> significantly. If
> I had not participated fully in all these activities, literally hundreds
> of improvements
> would never have been made, because I would never have thought of them
> or per-
> ceived why they were important.
> But a system cannot be successful if it is too strongly influenced by a
> single person.
> Once the initial design is complete and fairly robust, the real test
> begins as people
> with many different viewpoints undertake their own experiments.
> We thrive in information--thick worlds because of our marvelous and
> everyday ca-
> pacity to select, edit, single out, structure, highlight, group, pair,
> merge, harmo-
> nize, synthesize, focus, organize, condense, reduce, boil down, choose,
> categorize,
> catalog, classify, list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize, isolate,
> discriminate, dis-
> tinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick over, sort, integrate, blend,
> inspect, filter, lump,
> skip, smooth, chunk, average, approximate, cluster, aggregate, outline,
> summarize,
> itemize, review, dip into, flip through, browse, glance into, leaf
> through, skim, re-
> fine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the wheat from the chaff and
> separate the
> sheep from the goats.

Hi Hans,
I'm afraid I'm lost here.
When I copy what you write you get and paste it into my example I still get,
with Verdana 10 pt, no hyphenation errors with mkiv version 2015.10.09 21:28
and some with mkiv version 2016.07.18 16:46: marv-elous and di-scriminate.

So doesn't it show that at least the two mkiv-versions differ in this respect
and that when using the new version something extra or different has to be done
in the setups to get the correct hyphenations?
Fortunately I still have kept some of the older ConTeXt-versions, so my project
will not suffer from hyphenation error. But I suspect that reliance on older
versions should not have to be necessary.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone