On 8/8/2016 2:29 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:

\startMPpage
drawoptions(withcolor darkred);
path p;
p:= (0,0)--(1cm,1cm)--(1cm,0)--(0,1cm);
draw image (
   draw p;
   draw p xshifted 2cm withcolor darkyellow;
);
\stopMPpage

This gives me two red paths (result attached). I would like the right
one to be darkyellow.

image create a picture that is then drawn with 'draw' at which time the drawoptions are applied, like this:

\startMPpage
drawoptions(withcolor darkred);
path p;
p:= (0,0)--(1cm,1cm)--(1cm,0)--(0,1cm);
picture q ;
q := image (
   draw p;
   draw p xshifted 2cm withcolor darkyellow;
);
draw q withcolor darkgreen ;
\stopMPpage

You can try this:

\startMPpage
property prp ; prp := properties (withcolor darkred) ;
path p; p:= (0,0)--(1cm,1cm)--(1cm,0)--(0,1cm);
draw image (
   draw p withproperties prp ;