On 8/1/2016 3:46 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
Dear list,

I want to add a customized font feature to the math font, to
automatically change the decimal point (unicode 0x2E) to the
Arabic/Farsi version (unicode 0x66B).  This will go well with the
mapping from Latin digits to Farsi digits (done in a sample with
mathdigits fallback).

For instance, I want to code in $123.45$ and get a result like ۱۲۳٫۴۵.
However, I do not want to simply map 0x2E to 0x66B, because then "full
stop" outside a number will also change.  In particular, I'd like to
have the mapping only when full-stop is preceded and succeeded by a
digit.  This will, among other things, leave the end-of-equation periods
unchanged.

Here is how I tried to achieve it.

\startluacode
digits = { 0x30, 0x31, 0x32, 0x33, 0x34, 0x35, 0x36, 0x37, 0x38, 0x39 }
-- 0x66B instead of 0x2F gives an error!
replacements = { [0x002E] = { 0x2F } }
fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
  name = "mpf",
  type = "chainsubstitution",
  lookups = { {
    type = "multiple",
    data = replacements,
  } },
  data = {
    rules = {
      {
        current = { { 0x002E } },
        after   = { digits },
        before  = { digits },
        lookups = { 1 },
      }
    }
  }
}
\stopluacode

\definefontfeature[mathperiod][mpf=yes]

\resetfontfallback [mathdigits]
%\definefontfallback[mathdigits][dejavusansmono][digitsextendedarabicindic][check=yes,force=yes,offset=digitsnormal]

\definefontsynonym
[MathRoman][name:modern][features={math\mathsizesuffix,mathperiod},goodies=lm-math,fallbacks=mathdigits]

\starttext
$123.45.$

123.45.

\addff{mathperiod}
123.45.
\stoptext

Though this font feature works outside math, it does not seem to have
any effect within the math font.  Why is that?  Can we add font feature
to the math font?  Are the character codes different?

Notice that I could not get it to work, so I commented out the fallback
for Persian digits, to make things simpler.  To get the proof of
concept, I am trying to change period to forward slash (see below).

Is the syntax I use for having two features in \defontfontsynonym
correct?  Actually, I did try with only mathperiod and it does not work,
either.

When I change 0x2F (slash) to 0x066B in "replacements", I get an error
as follows.

fonts           > otf chain > feature 'mpf', type 'gsub_contextchain',
chain lookup 'mpf': rule 1 matches at char U+0002E (period) for (1,1,1)
chars, lookuptype 'gsub_multiple'

error: ...ext/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/font-ots.lua:1232:
attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file
/Users/bateni/farsitex/context/bostan/examples/mathfa/1.tex: ?

\page ->\par
             \dosingleempty \page_breaks_process
\strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page ...\else \page

[\p_strc_pagenumbers_page ...
\dostoptext ...\strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page
                                                  \page \the
\everystoptext ...
l.1 \dostoptext

\clf_stoptext ->\luafunction \16>>clf_stoptext

l.46 \stoptext

there are no features in math as in text if only because in math each symbol is a separate entity (so 1.2 is three things) .. you can try:

\def\digitsperiodsymbol{!}

$ ... \digits{123.456} ... $