After doing some research, I stumbled upon saxon-lint
(https://github.com/sputnick-dev/saxon-lint), a perl program
capable of using xpath3 expressions.

In the crudest form possible:

!# /bin/bash
for ELM in `saxon-lint.pl --xpath "distinct-values(//*/name())" file.xml`
do
                echo -e "\\startxmlsetups xml:$ELM \n\t \\xmlflush{#1} \n
\\stopxmlsetups"
done

I still need to write $ELM into an array to make it do the following:

\startxmlsetups xml:blank:map % xml:[filename] would be also fine
    \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}
        {xml:elements:from:the:variable:elm} % list the results from  saxon-lint
        {xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

That would give me the "blank" mapping file I want, saving me the
trouble of typing out the whole thing every time.

Best,
Mica

Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> @ 2016-02-24 01:10 PST: