On 11/18/2016 10:50 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick fix.
Indeed the spurious character does not show up anymore, but in the minimal
example below the default body font seems to be set to bold italic, please see
the attached PDF (I did not observe this in my real documents, but curiously it
shows up in this minimal example): it may be that I am using a wrong font
definition here.
The version of ConTeXt is  2016.11.18 22:20 MKIV beta  fmt: 2016.11.18.

%%%% begin bug-beta.tex
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][palatino]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][palatino]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

Why is the text in bold italic?

\stoptext

I don't know,

\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][texgyrepagella]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][texgyrepagella]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

Why is the text in bold italic?

\stoptext

works ok here so you need to check what palatino gets selected (maybe you need to be more specific)