On 2017-01-23 00:06, Alan Braslau wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:39:53 -0500 Rik Kabel > <cont...@rik.users.panix.com> wrote: > >> So, how can I make the
inner glyph (‘?’ in the example below) >> transparent, so that the background shows through along with >> anything else that lives on a lower layer? I’ve seen a method for >> constructed shapes, but nothing that I can apply to text glyphs. >> Undraw doesn’t do it. > > Undraw is simply draw using the background color. > > Transparency is a MetaFun extension to MetaPost (so part of > ConTeXt). > > draw q withtransparency (1,0.5) ; % (method,transparency) > > Alan

Hmmm. That does not work for me (with any of many method and transparency values). The ‘?’ is solid black. I do see a message in the log that looks related:

   mkiv lua stats  > page group warning: transparencies are used but no
   pagecolormodel is set

but adding \setcolors[state=start,cmyk=yes] does not change that; both the warning and the solid black glyph remain. Could this be an issue of the PDF viewer? Is it a font issue?

--
Rik