On 1/28/2017 7:45 PM, John Culleton wrote:

In all my recent books I have this subfile called fonts.tex.
\def\Fontsize{11}
\font \rm =
"file:MinionPro-Regular.otf:+liga;expansion=default;protrusion=quality"
at \Fontsize bp

\font \it = "file:MinionPro-It.otf" at \Fontsize bp

\font \bf = "file:MinionPro-Bold.otf" at \Fontsize bp

\font \firstlet = "file:MinionPro-Regular.otf" at 3\Fontsize bp

\font \sc = "file:MinionPro-Regular.otf:+smcp" at 1.5\Fontsize bp

\font \titlesans = "file:MyriadPro-BlackCond.otf" at 30bp

\font \smalltitle = "file:MyriadPro-Regular.otf" at 20bp

%\font \chapfont = "file:Raleway-ExtraLight.otf" at 80bp
When I use the \titlesans call in a document it errs off with this
message
 > tex error on line 2 in file half.tex: ! Undefined control sequence

It can be made to finish the run but the text on page half.tex is
the ordinary body font.

hard to see what gets wrong but anyway, you can then better define fonts with:

\definefont[titlesans][file:MyriadPro-BlackCond.otf at 30bp]

or when you also want ligatures and kerns:

\definefont[titlesans][file:MyriadPro-BlackCond.otf*default at 30bp]

The fonts in question are in the directory where I am running
context on a document in every case. I just installed the
latest context in my home directory. I also have texlive installed.
I copied the fonts to /usr/share/OTF, ran ft-cache as root. ran context
as root. Nothing helped.
Slackware 14.2

I have two book projects stalled.