Hello,

I'm trying to use Russian (Cyrillic) letters for itemize list but
without luck.

This is small example to show a problem:

---------------------- 8< ---------------------
\mainlanguage[ru]
\setupbodyfont[cambria]
% \setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode]
% \setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\starttext

\startitemize[a]
\item первый
\item второй
\stopitemize
\stoptext
---------------------- 8< ---------------------

Compilation (typesetting) of the example by context (curr. ver.
2017.01.27) gives a PDF file with Latin letters.

According to 'language-mkiv.pdf' (found in
texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals)

  The \type{alphabetic} converter adapts to the current main language.
  When a language has no special alphabet, the regular 26 characters are
  used.

the use of Latin letters is expected behaviour if current language has
not special alphabet. But Russian alphabet (based on Cyrillic) has
differences with Latin one. Did I face a bug or I misunderstand the
documentation and I have to use (add?) another command to obtain Russian
letters for item?

Also, it is possible that I incorrectly use 'setupbodyfont' but I tested
all cases shown above and they work fine, expect the fact that 'cambria'
case gives me italic variant of font while 'computer-modern-unicode' and
'dejavu' use "roman" font.

Thank you in advance, Vladimir Lomov

--
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
                -- Alan Watts