On 2/14/2017 7:17 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 02/14/2017 06:41 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
[...]
I don’t understand why \setupblank[ab][big] doesn’t work (with a
previous \defineblank[ab]).

I mean, for most elements \setupelement is possible after \defineelement.

What is different with \setupblank?

Well, you cannot

\definecolor[red][r=1]

\setupcolor[red][r=.5]

either. Adapting a blank this way would also be inefficient because then
we need to keep carry around more state info and all these relatively
basic core macro are tuned for efficiency

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

Is there anything wrong in defining the same blank again?

not that know of

I need to add special blanks in templates. In some documents, those
blanks will be bigger than in other ones. Is there anything wrong in
redefining in the second documents the blanks I previously defined in
the template?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo