Aditya Mahajan írta:
>> I am experimenting with descriptions and I couldn't find in the documentation
>> the following:
>>
>> 1. What is the default value of width option? It seems that default width
>> uses the
>> longest head + some distance for every head in a descriptions list.

Sorry, I wasn't right. context uses a default width for head. Accidentally the
longest
term I used in my document was almost the same as the default head width,
therefore
I thought that the head was calculated according to my term's width.

>>Neither  width=fit nor width=broad,distance=dimension results in the same.
>
>Some information is given here: http://www.ntg.nl/maps/36/09.pdf
>Enumerations and descriptions share a lot of settings.

Thank you. I read it. I have a question: is it possible to add some text or
command
between the head and text in description? For example a dash or symbol which
separates the head from the text. In enumerations it seems to be different,
because
there the variable head (title) goes after a static head. I would need the
opposite:
variable head part - static head part. I tried to use headcommand option but it
puts
stuff before head.

>There is no way to reset options in ConTeXt. The canonical way to do this
>is:
>
>\definedescription[defa]
>\definedescription[defb][defa][width=broad, distance=1cm]
>
>\startdefa ... \stopdefa
>
>\startdefb ... \stopdefb
>
>(Untested): This should also work:
>
>\startdefa[width=broad, distance=1cm] ... \stopdefa

I see.

Thank you again,

bcsikos