On 09.04.2017 15:57, Hans Hagen wrote:

\starttext

\setuplinetable[n=2,lines=25]
\setuplinetable[c][1][width=6cm] %
,background=color,backgroundcolor=red,color=white]
\setuplinetable[c][1][width=6cm] %
,background=color,backgroundcolor=red,color=white]
\setuplinetable[1][all][background=color,backgroundcolor=white]

\dontcomplain

\startlinetable
    \dorecurse{100}{
        \dorecurse{100}{
            \NC aaa \NC test test test  test \NC \NR
        }
    }
\stoplinetable

\page

Alright, I experimented a bit and am back with questions I couldn't
solve by looking at the source:

1. How does the parameter lines=NUMBER work? If I set it, I get very
weird page breaks in some locations and lines that are printed above
each other in other places. When I leave it out, the table isn't typeset
at all. I can't find the right parameter to have the table fill the
entire page.

don't set it then (line tables are actually able to span pages horizontally)

2. Is it possible to get horizontal and vertical lines?

hm, currently not, but i can probably add some features