On 04/28/2017 06:27 PM, Florian Grammel wrote:
>>> Have you played with the different "methods" defined in sort-ini.lua,
>>> lines 96-103?
>>
>> Many thanks for your reply, Thomas.
>>
>> The right values seem to be {zm, zc}. This works fine with Spanish and
>> French, […]
>
> Even with {zm, zc} or any of the predefined methods I don’t really think
> it is working completely as expected, even though the problem might just
> occur in very special cases:

Hi Florian,

a simpler sample would be:

    \mainlanguage[es]
    \setupregister[language=es, method={zm, zc}]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=2em]
    \index{cómodo}
    \index{comodos}
    \index{cómoda}
    \placeindex
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

I know that "comodos" isn’t a word in Spanish. But it should be the last
word in the sorting.

> It there a way to get this result with „methods“ or would I need to
> modify the sort-rules?

I think that sort-lan.lua might be wrong here. I explain why.

German ("de-DE") has the following code:

    replacements = {
        { "ä", 'ae' }, { "Ä", 'Ae' },
        { "ö", 'oe' }, { "Ö", 'Oe' },
        { "ü", 'ue' }, { "Ü", 'Ue' },
        { "ß", 's'  },
    },

This is to get Umlaut-forms and eszet sorted as ae, Ae, oe, Oe, ue, Ue
and s (which I wonder whether ß shouldn’t be replaced as ss).

Austrian German ("de-AT") doesn’t contain these replacements.
Umlaut-forms are given different entries.

I guess if we need a similar behavior for Spanish, replacements of
accented glyphs should be created, such as in:

    replacements = {
        { "á", 'a' }, { "Á", 'A' }, { "é", 'e' }, { "É", 'E' },
        { "í", 'i' }, { "Í", 'I' }, { "ó", 'o' }, { "Ó", 'O' },
        { "ú", 'u' }, { "Ú", 'u' }, { "ü", 'u' }, { "Ü", 'u' },
    },

So you get the right word order:

    cómoda
    cómodo
    comodos

But Hans has to confirm the issue before.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk