On 15 June 2017 at 13:39, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 6/15/2017 12:05 PM, Mathias Schickel wrote:
>>
>>> So I am simply asking: How can I use older betas or how can I get the
>>> source of LuaTeX 1.05 on a Mac and compile it?
>
> Mojca is setting up the build bots so one of these days there will be
> binaries.

You can fetch it from here:
    http://dl.contextgarden.net/build/luatex/
(those binaries should end up in minimals very soon).

But on Mac we are currently experiencing some build problems on
existing machines, most likely due to some problems with outdated
timestamps of generated files. I'm waiting for Luigi to fix the
problem.

But aside from that. If you (developers, not users) want to call one
version of LuaTeX 1.05, you should tag a version 1.05.

Increasing the version numbers in trunk and skipping any official
releases is a pretty bad development practice.

Usually you would put experimental features to trunk and whatever you
want to end up at users to tags or potentially stable maintained
branches that get bugfixes.

Mojca