> On 17 Jun 2017, at 13:03, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 6/17/2017 10:30 AM, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> It says that XITS is an OpenType version of STIX on [1], but the latter now
>> supports it. Does that mean that one can now use the latter directly?
>> 1. http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math_fonts
> i don't know as i never use those fonts in documents; maybe the design is
> different; is xits maintained, that is the question ...

The glyphs should be the same.

> \usemodule[math-repertoire]
>
> \showmathcharacterssetbodyfonts{xits,stixtwo,modern,pagella,termes,bonum,schola,dejavu}
>
> \starttext
>    \showmathfontrepertoire
> \stoptext
>
> some chars in stixtwo are smaller, some larger, so not compatible

It is different font, so not compatible. Of the other fonts, STIX has very tall
and narrow integral signs. There, Pagella looks better, but has strange looking
Greek italic. There, Termes is even better, and nice weight on the sums, but
has very narrow universal quantifiers. It has otherwise a nice weight in text
boldface. Bonum has strange open Greek letters, and very thin, weird looking
summation sign. I looked for serif DejaVu monospace, but could not find it:
sans-serif thought to aid low resolution screens, but one is switching now.