Pablo,

[scope=page] does not help.

I did a few experiments with the following result.
If the footnote is close to the previous page, than obviously the float
mechanism may decide to put the footnote on the previous page. This happens
even when the footnote is in the second paragraph of that page. Only when the
footnote is far enough from the top of the page (I have no inkling how far is
far enough) will the footnote appear on the current page, as where one expects
it.

I guess this is a tricky one, but perhaps Hans Hagen will know what to do or
what to change. I am convinced he will not be afraid of some trickery:-)

Hans van der Meer