Hi Aditya,

Thanks for having sent the example file: indeed with your file I can typeset
the example and see the expected result.
I don’t know what happened when I copied and pasted the example from the e-mail…
I think the command
        % macros = mkvi
was not set correctly written at the first line, that is I had a space before
the percent sign « % ». In fact
        %macros=mkvi
or
        %macros = mkvi
work as well.

By the way, wouldn’t be more user friendly, and more in the spirit of ConTeXt,
if we had a command saying
        \enablemode[mkvi]
in order to tell ConTeXt that we are using %macros = mkvi ?

Best regards: OK