Il giorno sab, 23/09/2017 alle 10.47 +0200, Hans Hagen ha scritto:
> On 9/22/2017 10:24 PM, mf wrote:
> > Hello list,
> > I'm trying to use SciTE under Debian GNU/Linux stable (64 bit) to
> > edit
> > my ConTeXt files.
> >
> > I've installed scite 3.7.2 from the Debian repository.
> >
> > Downloaded Scintillua and copied its "lexers" folder under
> > /usr/share/scite. Created a symbolic link from /etc/scite/lexers to
> > that folder:
> > /etc/scite/lexers -> /usr/share/scite/lexers
> >
> > Copied the "context" folder from tex/texmf-
> > context/context/data/scite
> > and created a symbolic link to it in /etc/scite:
> > /etc/scite/context -> /usr/share/scite/context
> >
> > Appended the following lines to /etc/scite/SciTEGlobal.properties:
> > import lexers/lpeg
> > import context/scite-context-user
> >
> > Now I open Scite and can see the ConTeXt customization.
> > Shortcuts keys work, but syntax highlighting does not, because the
> > lpeg
> > library is not loaded.
> >
> > There's a message in the side window: "warning: lpeg not loaded".
> > The message comes from the "scite-ctx.lua" file in the "context"
> > folder.
> >
> > I've installed the package lua-lpeg from the Debian repository.
> >
> > When I run "lua scite-ctx.lua" it manages to load the lpeg library,
> > because the warning does not appear. It's lua inside SciTE that
> > can't
> > load the lpeg library.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> that message about lpeg is just there because the main scite binary
> has
> no lpeg
>
> the lpeg lexing is using a library from scintillua which comes with
> textadept (that also uses the scintilla editing component)
>
> it's a bit annoying that this small lpeg lexing extension is not part
> of
> sciet itself nor that scite has lpeg on board (in which case i could
> probably make the lexers use that)
>
> in fact, even the scintillua code was a moving target that i redid
> the
> lua code to a large extend to suit my needs and another unfortunate
> aspect is that there is no real connection with scite's other
> propertie
>
> so ... this is what i do (maybe i should ship a zip with all binaries
> too):
>
> - install scite on windows
> - also install the scintillua lib
> - copy context stuff over it
> - adapt the global or user properties file
>
> this is described in the manual in the distribution btw.
>
> - on linux i just use wine with the above
> - on osx we never manages to get the combination working
>
> so ... when i have time (or motivation) i might look into a way to
> enable/load lpeg in scite itself (should be doable i guess)
>
> an alternative is to use textadept ... context comes with files that
> can
> be used for that (it simply replaces some text adept files and
> [...]

Thank you Hans, I followed the manual but Scite under Linux seems to
ignore the Scintillua library, which should bring in the lpeg library.
I've installed it and added the import directive in the
SciTEGlobal.properties file, but it seems to have no effect.
Instead the customization files from the context distribution work,
because the interface is changed and the shortcut keys work.

Until now I used Geany or Texworks to edit my files, but I was curious
to try the editor you use, benefiting also from the customization you
made.
I tried to run SciTE with wine, but it's 32 bit and my Debian is 64
bit; it's possible to install it anyway, adding the i386 architecture,
but it gives some problems with package dependencies.

Sure I will not urge you to enable lpeg inside Scite, I was simply
exploring new tools to edit my files.

I've downloaded textadept, put its dir in the PATH and started
<texroot>/tex/texmf-context/context/data/textadept/context/textadept-
context.sh: it works!

Thanks again,
Massi