On 10/07/2017 01:25 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I rejoiced too early:
> While the ligature exception handling works with some of the default
> fonts (lm, termes, pagella), it fails with the Alegreya fonts that I’m
> using.

The Brill fonts don’t work either (http://www.brill.com/about/brill-fonts).

    \definefontfamily[mainfont][rm][Alegreya]
    \definefontfamily[otherfont][rm][Brill]
    \setupbodyfont [mainfont,16pt]

    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    \startbuffer
    falsch: Auflage Kampffront

    richtig: Au\noligature{fl}age Kamp\noligature{ff}ront

    \setreplacements[eka]
    richtig: Auflage Kampffront

    f ft fl fk fb ff

    f f\/t f\/l f\/k f\/b f\/f
    \resetreplacements
    \stopbuffer

    \getbuffer

    \setupbodyfont[times]\getbuffer

    \setupbodyfont[otherfont]\getbuffer
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

Both Alegreya and Brill don’t replace the ligature with a single glyph,
but replace the first glyph (only, as far as I know).

I don’t know which is the way to solve it, but this might be the cause.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk