Hi again Wolfgang,

I think I understood what is going wrong with my example after your hint: I
have to remove all spaces around the separator and remove also the braces
around each entry.
That is the following works fine:

\startseplisttalk
Hacker;Up to date hacking;hacker.jpg
Hacker;Up to date hacking;hacker.jpg
\stopseplisttalk

while the following does not (as far as the filename is concerned):

\startseplisttalk
{Hacker};{Up to date hacking};{hacker.jpg}
Hacker ; Up to date hacking ; hacker.jpg
\stopseplisttalk

Is there a way to make the \defineseparatedlist command to be more tolerant for
the filename?
Best regards: OK