Henri Menke <mailto:henrime...@gmail.com>
30. Januar 2018 um 21:46
On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 21:24 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Henri Menke 30. Januar 2018 um 21:12
On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 11:58 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 1/30/2018 11:34 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
On 01/30/2018 09:17 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 1/30/2018 2:54 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
Dear list,

the title says it all.  Please add \ignorespaces in a place you deem
appropriate.  MWE is below.
sometimes you will also add \removeuwantedspaces in the stop
I'm confused.  Does that mean there is going to be a fix?
no, why should there be? spaces are never ignored after the last [...] that is checked for unless a command has an explicit \ignorespaces
I'm not convinced.  Both "before" and "commands" see a \relax and therefore
\ignorespaces is dropped.  I can put \removeunwantedspaces there but that
deletes the space before \start.  The \framed command correctly drops the
space
after the options.

---

\definestartstop
   [spurious space a]
   [before=\ignorespaces,
    after=\removeunwantedspaces]

\definestartstop
   [spurious space b]
   [before=\removeunwantedspaces,
    after=\removeunwantedspaces]

\starttext

Hello Foo Bar World

Hello \start[spurious space a] Foo Bar \stop\ World
%   ^^^ neither space        ^^^ is skipped

Hello \start[spurious space b] Foo Bar \stop\ World
%   ^^^ skips this space     ^^^ instead of this

Hello \startframed[offset=overlay] Foo Bar \stopframed\ World
% That's the behaviour I'm looking for.

\stoptext

  You assume \start[<...>] ... \stop is linked to \definestartstop but this
isn’t the case,
what the environment does is to generate a start-command with the argument
but this works for every environment, e.g. \start[itemize] ... \stop does the
same
as \startitemize ... \stopitemize.

I'm not asking to add \ignorespaces to the definition of \start.  I'm rather
asking, where I have to but \ignorespaces in the setup to eat the space after
the options I pass to \start.

Why do use insinst on the use of \start, when you create a new command/environment with \definestartstop you get additional commands for the instance where the space
at the begin of the environment are gobbled.

\definestartstop[Highlight][style=italic,color=red]

\starttext

Text \Highlight{Text} Text

\blank

\input ward\par

\startHighlight
\input ward
\stopHighlight

\input ward

\stoptext

To answer your question where you can add \ignorespace, there is no way to add it.

Wolfgang