Thanks Hans. It did fix it.

I am trying to add a figure now using \placefigure. But the placement in brackets is always ignored. AFAIK it's normal to get a figure at the top of a new page when it's larger than a column but it's also always on the left. I would like to get it horizontally centered (on the top of the next page as it is already). Any way to achieve that?

Thanks again for your help.

Charles