Henning Hraban Ramm <mailto:te...@fiee.net>
23. Februar 2018 um 14:38
I tried to add the example to the garden, but at least there it doesn’t work:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns

As soon as I use \setupcolors, I get only a single column or the example doesn’t compile at all. Strange.

The garden uses MkIV where \color expects a argument (i.e. \color[<name>]{<argument>}).

Below is a example how you can add a colored rule to \startcolumns but the better solution is to switch to MkIV and and use mixedcolumns environment which has a option to change
the color of the rule between the columns.

\enableregime[utf-8]
\mainlanguage[fr]

\setupcolors[state=start]

% \unexpanded\def\ColumnsRule
%   {\bgroup
%    \hskip\dimexpr(1.5\bodyfontsize+\linewidth)/2\relax
%    \color[red]{\vrule width\linewidth}%
%    \hskip\dimexpr(1.5\bodyfontsize+\linewidth)/2\relax
%    \egroup}

\definemeasure[columndistance][2em]

\setupcolumns[distance=\measure{columndistance}]

\unexpanded\def\ColumnsRule
  {\bgroup
   \hskip\dimexpr(\measure{columndistance}+\linewidth)/2\relax
   \color[red]{\vrule width\linewidth}%
   \hskip\dimexpr(\measure{columndistance}+\linewidth)/2\relax
   \egroup}

\setupcolumns[rule=\ColumnsRule]

\starttext

\startcolumns