On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 02:47:17 -0700, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 3/4/2018 4:27 AM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
Dear gang,
 Here's a strange situation:
In approach I) we get the subject heading in the TOC, but style=bold doesn't work. In approach II) style=bold works, but the subject heading doesn't show up. For each approach, how do we get both subject heading and style=bold in the TOC?

you set up individual lists elements at another level

\setuplist[subject,section,subsection,subsubsection][alternative=c,style=bold]

Ok - see below.

looks bad this:

\setupinterlinespace[line=1.4ex]

Yes, residue from another experiment..

Between I) and II), which is the current recommended standard practice for MKIV?

A working minimal example follows. Is this the recommended practice? Can it be streamlined further?

Best wishes
Idris

==============
\setuphead[subject]
  [incrementnumber=yes,  % keep track of the number
   number=no]            % but don't show it

\starttext % Approach I
\starttitle[title={Table of Contents},reference={}]
\start
\setuplist[subject,section,subsection,subsubsection]
  [alternative=c,style=bold]
\setupcombinedlist[content]
  [list={subject,section,subsection,subsubsection}]
\placecontent
\stop
\stoptitle
\page
\startsection[title={Section One},reference={}]
new page \page
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Section Two},reference={}]
new page \page
\stopsection

\startsubject[title={Subject},reference={}]

\stopsubject
\stoptext

--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor