My example works for me with Preview and Adobe Reader, in both cases Safari opens the PDF on page 58.

Wolfgang
Hans van der Meer <mailto:havdm...@ziggo.nl>
18. April 2018 um 21:12
I have the following question about referencing.

With \goto{typeset_the_text}[url(file://a_file_location_to_goto <file:///a_file_location_to_goto>.pdf)] I can open a pdf from inside the document that has been typeset. It would, however, be nice if I could further specify on which page of the pdf to open. Is this possible? Or is this a wish not to be fulfilled?

dr. Hans van der Meer

18. April 2018 um 21:58
For documents on the web you can add #page=<NUMBER> to the url.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\goto{Beginners manual}[url(http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mp-cb-en.pdf\letterhash page=58)]
\stoptext

Wolfgang

Hans van der Meer <mailto:havdm...@ziggo.nl>
18. April 2018 um 23:04
Thanks. But this seems not to work on my Macintosh. Not in Preview, not in Adobe Reader. Typesetting resulted in valid-url.pdf#page=55 but the document opens at the last page remebered by the application. Are there other Macintosh users who can confirm this is not working on those machines or should I do something else?

dr. Hans van der Meer