Am Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:42:17 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 4/28/2018 3:11 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> I have no idea how to transpose the following latex example to
>> context. Also in my opinion the input is wrong, it should be written
>> as \mathtestbase{fb}^{-1} (and this works fine).
>
> so what is \mathtestbase doing?

It is a math alphabet. The original error was from a hidden \mathrm.

> (i don't see a fb lig in that font
> (unless i have the wrong font of course))

Ups. I get the error but only with a version which resided in my
windows fonts folder. When I force lualatex to use the version in
the texmf it disappear. For the faulty font I see in the lua-file:

 [983055]={
   ["boundingbox"]={ 18, -10, 830, 713 },
   ["index"]=662,
   ["name"]="f_b",
   ["unicode"]={ 102, 98 },
   ["width"]=865,
  },

The font used on my system is
c:/Wi
ndows/Fonts/STIX2Text-Regular.otf

The original bug report
(https://github.com/khaledhosny/libertinus/issues/166) mentions also
Amiri and Libertinus Serif.

With
\setmathfontface\mathtestbase{Libertinus Serif}[Renderer=Basic]
i get the same error and it too has a f_b ligature:

 [983076]={
   ["boundingbox"]={ 22, -12, 741, 700 },
   ["class"]="ligature",
   ["index"]=2438,