Somewhat related: I would like to mention that you can get at nearly
anything mentioned on the "context" command line from within your document,
by using \getdocumentargument and \doifdocumentargument .

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/getdocumentargument

On the lua side, these arguments are in the “document.arguments” table,
see file-job.lua for details.

Anything that starts with —c: on the luatex command line as seen
from the "mtx-context | run <nr>:" line can be accessed this way,
it does not have to be a known option to the mtx-context script. So
you could e.g. do

   context —idcode=whatever mydoc

and then you could do \getdocumentargument{idcode} in the document
source.

I know you do not need that, but it may be helpful for other people
doing automated typesetting runs.

Best wishes,
Taco

Taco Hoekwater