On 10/6/2018 10:19 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

Now, what I want to do (at some stage) is to extend the functionality of the filter module to call jupyter kernels. So, instead of passing messages between
context and the external program through text files, the messages can be
passed as JSON objects (using sockets, I believe). The advantage is that you
avoid multiple restarts of the external program (which is what the filter
module currently does).
but that assumes that the listener is not restarting the a program (i.e. that e.g. r is listening and sending, right?