Am 2018-10-16 um 19:50 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es>:

>>> None. The font decides about its size.
>> actually, the designer ... anyway, one can compare 10pt dejavu with 10pt
>> latin modern and 10pt lucida and you'll see that there is no real
>> standard in size
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> I thought that I was missing something. For sure, but it was the
> explanation why there is no standarization in size.

Even in the times of lead type, there were differences in font size
interpretation e.g. between Linotype and Berthold.

You could trust that the big vendors would handle their fonts alike, but
printshops tried to avoid buying fonts from different vendors because they
didn’t match.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net