On 12/10/18 10:51 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> []
>> My own vectors wouldn’t solve the issue, because the variable would be:
>>
>>     lfbd(Ὧ) = glyph.width(Ω) - glyph.width(Ὧ)
>>
>> I need to place glyphs accurately, not characters. Character dimensions
>> wouldn’t help to get hanging diacritics.
>
> well, these dimensions are available so one could use them in
> constructing additional lfbd feature specifications (add f eatures
> runtime)

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

In order to modify the fonts, it would be helpful to have a function
that can substract two glyph widths of a given font, such as:

    function document.hanging_diacritics(char_one, char_two)
        return (char_one.glyphwidth - char_two.glyphwidth)
    end

I don’t have any idea about how to do it. This way I don’t have to
calculate the value for each glyph feature and I can simply add the
values to the font.

BTW, what kind of specifications you think can be constructed for the
lfbd feature (sorry, but I don’t get it).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk