On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, Henri Menke wrote:

On 11/01/19 4:42 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to process an XML file inside a zip file without unzipping?

In particular, I have a program that generates zip files which look like
this:

The file `filename.zip` contains:
- filename.xml - file_hash1.png
- file_hash2.png
etc.

Where `filename.xml` (the name matches the basename of the zip file) is
the main xml file and the `file_hash1.png` etc are png files that are
referred to inside the xml file.

If I unzip the file and add

\setupexternalfigures[directory={path-to-unzipped-folder]

then, I have an \startxmlsetups .. \stopxmlsetups environment that
correctly typesets the xml file. I believe that I have seen Hans post
snippets of code that suggest that context can directly read from a zip
file. So, I am wondering if there is a way that I can just call

context --magic-flags filename.zip

You can directly typeset ePub files which is just zipped XML.  There is
a script in mtxrun for it:

   context --ctx=x-epub.ctx yourfile.epub

Documented in: http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/hybrid.pdf

Thanks. But I could not find `x-epub.ctx` file in the standalone distribution.

Aditya