On 1/29/2019 11:42 AM, Clyde Johnston wrote:
The design is new, interesting and refreshing but being a traditionalist, I
can't help think that it steps a little too far away from its TeX roots.
ConTeXt is a derivation of TeX, a creation of Donald Knuth.  Here is what he
said about the logo for TeX:

   "English words like 'technology' stem from a Greek root beginning with the
letters τεχ...; and this same Greek word means art as well as technology.  Hence the name
TeX, which is an uppercase for of τεχ."

And:

   "... it's important to notice another thing about TeX's name: The 'E' is out of
kilter. This displaced 'E' is a reminder that TeX is about typesetting, and it
distinguishes TeX from other system names."

The new design loses this characteristic and therefore does not distinguish it "from
other system names".  The same could be said for the unofficial logo on wiki.

Personally, I think the ConTeXt logo should maintain the link with TeX and its
design principles.  After all, that is how ConTeXt derived its name and
functionality.  But this is just my opinion!
But the \TeX thing is the in running text used one so that will always stay texie.