---- On Fri, 01 Mar 2019 11:17:56 +0100 Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote
----
 > On 2/28/2019 12:38 PM, Marcel Kr&uuml;ger wrote:
 > > On 2/23/2019 1:50 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
 > >> As reported on the dev-luatex list --- is converted to an en-dash
 > >> (instead of em-dash) if there are no spaces around the ---.
 > >>
 > >> We could now reproduce the problem also with the generic fontloader:
 > >> it appears only with mode=node. I'm using the files from 2019-02-14,
 > >> but the problem appeared first in the files from 2018-11-18):
 > >>
 > >> \font\test={file:texgyreheros-regular.otf:+tlig;mode=node;}\test
 > >>
 > >> dashes-these % gives dash
 > >>
 > >> dashes--these % gives en-dash
 > >>
 > >> dashes---these % gives en-dash WRONG
 > >>
 > >> dashes --- these % gives em-dash
 > >>
 > >> em-dashes---these % gives em-dash
 > >>
 > >> \bye
 > >>
 > >> context is not affected, there the code works fine.
 > >
 > > This issue can be fixed in the fontloader with the attached patch.
 > Hm, I don't see those lines here and it looks ok in context so ... no

For reproduction in context, the code

    \starttext
    ff\discretionary{l}{}{l}
    \stoptext

currently produces a single `fl` ligature instead of `ffl`.

Interesting that you didn't see those lines, maybe we have different versions?
The patched line is line 844 in the file `font-ots.lua` of ConTeXt beta,
updated today.

Best regards
Marcel