On 4/2/2019 1:49 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
Dear Hans and Alan,

First, thanks for your wonderful work!
I followed your instruction to install ConTeXt LMTX.
For the record, I wrote what I did.  Any comment is welcome to improve my installation.

- create directory: ConTeXtLMTX
- download install files.
- run “sudo sh ./install.sh”
- after a long lists, installation is done without errors.
The following settings were used:
server   : lmtx.contextgarden.net <http://lmtx.contextgarden.net>,lmtx.pragma-ade.com <http://lmtx.pragma-ade.com>,lmtx.pragma-ade.nl <http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl>
   instance : install-lmtx
   extras   :
   ownpath  : /Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX
   platform : osx-64

- I copied my local files from “texmf-local” in ConTeXt MKIV and run mtxrun
- Recently, I am using Atom as an editor. I installed “process-pallete” packge and create a command as following:
source /Users/graph/ConTeXtLMTX/tex/setuptex;
context {filePath}
- At the first run, I got "permission denied” message.
/Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/luametatex: Permission denied
- So I change the permission of luametatex as 755.

hm, that should be done by the installer (Alan is on osx so maybe he knows)

- After that I tested the sample file which is given in the installation.pdf
- Also there is no error when I compile my file which is good in ConTeXt MKIV. - However, there is no simpleslide module. Of course, there is no "module/third” folder. Thus I couldn’t compile a file in screen mode.

these have to come from the garden (will be done later) ... for the moment, just copy texmf-modules from another installation to the lmtx tex root and regenerate the file database

I hope that I have done it right. I have a question.
Is it better to use"/Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --autopdf …" instead of “context {filePath}"?

both work but --autogenerate will remake formats etc when needed after an update

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

Hi,

We have worked furiously all day kicking-out extra code, and are pleased
to present a lean-and-mean version of luatex with your favorite ConTeXt.
Same good taste but only half the calories and a new name: luametatex
and ConTeXt LMTX. No more Mk-whatever, no more dependencies for we can
now stand on our own. Of course, good-old luatex and MkIV (as well as
MkII) will continue to coexist and be maintained. However, now you will
be able to run ConTeXt lmtx on your smart thermostat or on your
refrigerator for the Internet of Things - the dawn of a new era!

Stay tuned,

Alan and Hans