Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your explanation: indeed when the whole table is included in an
hbox as you point out, the footnote mechanism and placetable work fine
together. But I am not sure whether this would be the case when a table is
split over two or more pages.

On the other hand, as I mentioned in another reply to Alan, the footnote
mechanism does not work within a framedtext, and I am not sure with your turn
around solution that would work. I will do some testing in a document where
exercises and proclaims are defined to be typeset within framedtext and if your
solution works I will let you know.

Best regards: OK