Thank you Wolfgang for your answer.

So, yes the figures/tables should appear before the text on a even (left side) page while the text would appear only on odd (right side) pages. The left page should be empty when there are no figures/tables for the following right page, and the float doesn't have to appear strictly at the same vertical position as the reference, but as possible only. Specially beacause, it may have several references in only one paragraph for exemple on the right page, and so the figure should appear in the right order on the left page, but couldn't be exactly at the same height. Also, if there are too many references in on right page, the figures which can't fit the left page should go on the top od the next left page...

It's possible that my answer change the proposition you made at the end of your message. Nevertherless, there is some thing in your last paragrph which is not clear for me : " Afterwards you split each page in half and create two separate pages from one single page which can be done with a loop (can be done theoretically with the imposition mechanism but a separate document is easier)."

Thank you!

Nicolas

/Nicolas Mondon
catalogue, écoutes, concerts :