On 11/7/2019 10:25 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi,

In a math text book, I would like to create an index of some material where
chapter and section numbers are given instead of a page number.

For instance if the result « 3.2.5 Banach Fixed Point Theorem » is stated in
section 2 of chapter 3, and is the fifth numbered statement in that section, I
would like to create a \myindex command so that adding the command
\myindex{Banach Fixed Point Theorem}
at that location, I get in the index created by \myindex a line such as

Banach Fixed Point Theorem              3.2.5

Is this possible?

well, the info is actually there already so i added a new option (that you then wikify) ...

\setupregister
  [pagesegments=1:4,
   pagemethod=section]

\starttext

    \chapter {one} \section {alpha}

    x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page
    x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page

    \chapter {one} \section {alpha}

    x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page
    x\index {whatever 1}x\index {whatever 2}x\index {whatever 2}x \page

    \placeindex[n=1]

\stoptext

which then renders:

whatever 1 1.1, 2.1