On 11/7/2019 9:45 PM, Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
Thanks Hans. For the sake of any future users who may have stumbled across this post I want to point out that if you want the list of sections to appear at the /end /of your document you need to use "criterium=previous"

\placelist[section][criterium=previous,order=title]

you can wikify this ..
On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 04:52, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl <mailto:j.ha...@xs4all.nl>> wrote:

    On 11/7/2019 12:13 AM, Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
     > Hi Folks,
     >
     > If sections are just lists, and lists can be sorted, how can I
    sort a
     > list of sections?
     > My actual goal is to generate an 'index' that is made up of section
     > headings.
     > Here's my attempt that does not work.
    here's one that does ...

    \setuphead[section][number=no]

    \starttext

    \startchapter[title=foo]

          \placelist[section][criterium=local,order=title]

          \startsection[title={Beta}]  \input sapolsky \stopsection
          \startsection[title={Alpha}] \input sapolsky \stopsection
          \startsection[title={Gamma}] \input sapolsky \stopsection

    \stopchapter

    \stoptext

    it's an experimental feature already present for a while but probably
    unknown

             tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl
    <http://www.pragma-ade.nl> | www.pragma-pod.nl
    <http://www.pragma-pod.nl>