On 12/17/2019 10:04 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi Hans,

Last week I sent you a PDF showing a strange behaviour of \startitemize and
\quotation in LMTX. I finally could nail down the origin of the problem: it
seems that if the command
\setupsynctex[state=start]

is present twice at the beginning of the document, then the combination \item
and \quotation and \dots prevents the item to be shown correctly…
(In my case I was typesetting a document with the above command in which a file
containing it also was \input).

Below is the minimal example and its PDF.

Best regards: OK
% begin file: bug-itemize-lmtx.tex

\setupsynctex[stat=start]

\setupsynctex[state=start] % if this is removed then everything is fine…

\setupquotation[style=italic,left={«~},right={~»}]

\showframe
\starttext

\startitemize[n]

\dorecurse{4}{\item This item \quotation{is shown correcly\dots}

\item This item \quotation{\dots is not shown correctly}}

\stopitemize

\stoptext
% end file: bug-itemize-lmtx.tex
took me a while to figure out that it is actually an engine issue (obscured in luatex but exposed in luametatex)

fixed in next beta